The way your teeth look and make you feel can help in building up your self-confidence. The teeth are something that you notice on someone’s face immediately.
What are veneers?
Veneers are a cosmetic procedure that bonds a thin layer of porcelain to your teeth that needs to be provided an aesthetic improvement. By using veneers, any kind of imperfections of your teeth can be fixed easily. You will feel more confident about yourself, along with a beautiful smile. Veneers look so natural and perfect that anyone who wants minimal adjustments opts for them.
What are the problems that could be fixed using veneers?
Veneers could help in fixing some dental issues, such as:
- Worn teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Uneven, misaligned, or irregularly shaped teeth
- Excessive use of fluoride
- Concealing gaps between the teeth, without using any orthodontic treatment.
- The teeth that are discolored or stained due to root canal treatment, or some other medications.
How long do veneers last?
Veneers are durable. But their maintenance decides their lasting. They might last over a decade or more. You need to maintain your veneers in the following ways:
- Brushing at least twice a day
- Flossing once a day
- Rinsing the mouth using an antiseptic mouthwash
- Going for a routine dental check-up
- Avoiding chewing ice
- Avoid eating hard candy
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown can help in providing a healthy self-image to have better dental health. Dental crowns or dental caps repair your smile and make them strong and also enhance your appearance. You can restore the natural shape and size of the teeth. A dental crown acts as a cap for a tooth by covering an existing tooth or by placing over an implant post. The tooth-shaped cap fits like a glove and covers everything that’s above the gum line.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
The common benefits of dental crowns are as follows:
- They match the natural tooth enamel
- No one can tell if you get a crown
- There is no risk of an allergic reaction
- No sensitivity to hot and cold food or drinks
Call us (760) 433-9255 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Schmidt for a consultation at our office in Vista, CA.